• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use of gun to intimidate after a crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imamominva

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Are there any laws in Virginia that make it illegal to threaten someone with a gun right AFTER the crime (ie rape) is completed to keep them from reporting the crime to the police or others? Thanks for your help.

fedcop110

There are a few charges that could be appropriate. Just off the top of my head, I can think of...using or displaying a firearm in the commision of a felony, or maybe even obstruction of justice. There are some more charges that also may apply. You might also look at the US Code for witness tampering.

imamominva

Thanks

To Fedcop110, Thanks for the info on possible charges for someone using a gun after a crime is committed. I will definitely check to see what I can find in the US Code for witness tampering. Appreciate your help! From imamominva

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">