• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was pulled over for speeding in Lake County, IL.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stampcollector

The police officer was in an unmarked car and I believe he did not have radar. He came up behind me out of no where and put his lights on. He stated I was going 86 MPH in a 55. I do not believe I was going that fast but did not argue with him and just took the ticket. I am pleading not quilty and have to go to court in a couple days. What approach should I take?

T

Tracey

Your options:

1) pay the ticket
2) fight the ticket in court and have to pay it anyway, PLUS court costs. The judge will believe the cop.
3) Find a friend who has a friend in the Lake Forest state's attorney's office and get him/her to work out a deal where you plead guilty to a non-moving violation. You can also try to work out the deal yourself, but a mutual friend will have a better chance of success. (Higher ticket, but no insurance rate hikes.)

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">