• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Needing Help

I live in the state of Kansas, and found out that my neighbor a deputy sherrif had done a criminal check on me and my girlfriend....(we are new to the nieghborhood)...We found this out when we came home form a weekend trip and he walked into our drive and asked,"is you license suspended"....I told him that I didn't know...He asked for it....Ran it...and issued me a citation....for a suspended license that I didn't know about...I checked it out, and I forgot to pay a ticket in IN for speeding, my questions are can he run a check for no reason, just because we moved into the neighborhood? Can he issue me a ticket when I did nothing wrong, besides the suspended liscense? Is there anything that I can do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Needing Help:
I live in the state of Kansas, and found out that my neighbor a deputy sherrif had done a criminal check on me and my girlfriend....(we are new to the nieghborhood)...We found this out when we came home form a weekend trip and he walked into our drive and asked,"is you license suspended"....I told him that I didn't know...He asked for it....Ran it...and issued me a citation....for a suspended license that I didn't know about...I checked it out, and I forgot to pay a ticket in IN for speeding, my questions are can he run a check for no reason, just because we moved into the neighborhood? Can he issue me a ticket when I did nothing wrong, besides the suspended liscense? Is there anything that I can do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Well, I wouldn't be having coffee and cake with the idiot any time soon; however, the cop is, technically, entitled to do what he did because, again, from a technical standpoint, he's a cop 24/7. Just like he's doing, though, you have a right as a citizen to watch what he's doing, and if he so much as breathes sideways "against the law", on anything, report him to his captain. That's what I did with a crappy cop neighbor until he screamed "Uncle" and moved. Two can play that game !! But, that's no way to make neighborly points, is it?

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

J

jkl

Police officers have been suspended and fired by using the NCIC in the manner in which you describe. I had the same hassles, went to state police, filed formal complaint, ~and I can't live it down~ the officer was wrong, but the next few years, he'll be right, over, and over, in the court, when he issues you a tkt for spitting in public.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">