• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

clearing dmv records to get valid license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

info please

Over four yrs ago, I receive two tickets for past due registration, my license had expired the previous month, (one ticket also cited me for no seatbelt and cracked windshield).

These were basically fix-it tickets, but I had no money to fix the violations and neglected to renew my license (figuring I would have to pay the fine to do so).

The dmv report has fta's that need to be cleared before I can renew my driving privilages.

The car is long gone and I still can not afford the $1,600 the collection agency is seeking. At one point I attempted to make arrangement but the minimum they would except was $200 monthly, I could not keep up with the arrangement.

What are my options? Can I serve jail time or community service, since I can't affort the fines? Is there a statute of limitations on witholding driving privilage in CA? Since I no longer have the car and it is unoperable would this make any difference?

I am worried I will be arrested (as far as I know a warrant hasn't been issued). Will I ever be able to legally drive?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">