• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousal support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mkyd27

What is the name of your state?FLORIDA
I have been divorced four years and I have paying alimony ever since.She also has the house and half of my pension.Now , my question is ;I understand that if she is living in the same house with another man that I can get a cut or no spousal support for her ? Also , how can I claim in court that this gentleman is not employed and does not even hold a legal Fl. vehicle drivers license but , has control of two Harleys and a late model full size pick up and her car and all this is owned under her name and he has a hold authority to everything that I have worked for 24 years without even worked a sweat ? My daughter is married and does not live any longer with her due of self respect.
I am just asking advice of what I need legally to do without any stirrs and before I get or need an attorney and if there is a waiting time ? Than You ! :)

LdiJ

mkyd27 said:
I have been divorced four years and I have paying alimony ever since.She also has the house and half of my pension.Now , my question is ;I understand that if she is living in the same house with another man that I can get a cut or no spousal support for her ? Also , how can I claim in court that this gentleman is not employed and does not even hold a legal Fl. vehicle drivers license but , has control of two Harleys and a late model full size pick up and her car and all this is owned under her name and he has a hold authority to everything that I have worked for 24 years without even worked a sweat ? My daughter is married and does not live any longer with her due of self respect.
I am just asking advice of what I need legally to do without any stirrs and before I get or need an attorney and if there is a waiting time ? Than You ! :)
If you can prove that she is cohabitating with someone who is actually supporting her (which does not appear to be the case) then yes, it may be possible to stop the spousal support. The rest of the items in your post aren't relevant for any legal purpose.

Tayla

I agree with LdiJ. Approach the courts.

Also you may be able to use this guys unemployment to your advantage. If the ex-spouse IS supporting him , this shows that she is able to support herself and another NON family member. I cant say its within the legal realm but hey, stranger things have been addressed in the courts and its not hurting you to mention it:). If the cars and other items are in her name, she is living well beyond the scrap and get by level. Naturally the spousal support contents' will play a huge part in what the courts decide.

LdiJ

Tayla said:
I agree with LdiJ. Approach the courts.

Also you may be able to use this guys unemployment to your advantage. If the ex-spouse IS supporting him , this shows that she is able to support herself and another NON family member. I cant say its within the legal realm but hey, stranger things have been addressed in the courts and its not hurting you to mention it:). If the cars and other items are in her name, she is living well beyond the scrap and get by level. Naturally the spousal support contents' will play a huge part in what the courts decide.
Well...I wasn't really suggesting that he "approach the courts"....I was trying to hint around to him that clearly she isn't being support by someone else....which is normally part of the criteria for ending spousal support.

I really doubt that the argument that she is supporting someone else would take him anywhere....it might show that she was being an idiot...but I doubt it would end spousal support.

Tayla

LdiJ said:
Well...I wasn't really suggesting that he "approach the courts"....I was trying to hint around to him that clearly she isn't being support by someone else....which is normally part of the criteria for ending spousal support.

I really doubt that the argument that she is supporting someone else would take him anywhere....it might show that she was being an idiot...but I doubt it would end spousal support.
Thanks for clarifying the matter!

VeronicaGia

mkyd27 said:
What does your court order say about cohabitation and remarriage of your ex?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">