• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

od

I live in N.Y. and was driving in Texas on a busy highway and was ticketed for 83 mph.I know I was doing 70 as cruise was on,to plead innocent I have to appear.I am back in N.Y.and do not plan on ever returning.What can the consequences be for ignoring this?

mcoker@tampabay

Someone out there please reply to this one... I have nearly the exact same scenario, bagged in Texas, speeding by 20+, except live in Florida. What are the consequences for ignoring? Cop buddy here says I'd never be picked up in FL; rather, TX would automatically issue me a license and then suspend it.

racer72

Google "States Drivers License compact" and/or "Non resident violators compact". A lot of folks have been arrested, tossed in jail and had their cars impounded while another state debates extradition. Happened to my brother in law, spent 13 days in jail in Washington because he blew off a speeding ticket he received in California a few years earlier. When California decided not to extradite, he had to pay towing and storage charges on his car and the state of Washington suspended his license till the California ticket was taken care of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">