• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Impounded for no DL. But I have a DL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hazzardco

I was pulled over for speeding on highway 90 in Washington state, while traveling to Seattle for a visit. I came from Utah, and that is where my DL was issued 3 months ago, and also where my current residence is at. So I get my insured and registered vehicle impounded, becuase a ticket from WA that I got in 1998 suspended my DL. I had no idea, and had not recieved any mail verifying that my DL was suspended, other wise I would have paid the ticket off. This is how I explained it to the officer too. I asked if he could merely give me a ticket for the suspended DL and and let me take my car, and the officer told me that it is mandatory for him to impound my car. But after talking to a local Sheriff/insurance salesman, I was informed that it is not mandatory, and probably not even legal for them to impound my car. So I called Utah DLD, and they noted my DL as being valid still, and are now sending me verification that it is valid.
Is there anything that I can do to get my car back?? I am stranded on the streets of Seattle, and I need my car to get back home.
PLEASE!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">