• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing in a No Passing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RobyBrown

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I was recently driving through a small town in Northern Nevada. I was in a line of cars behind a truck going between 5 and 10 miles per hour. The speed limit through town is 20 miles per hour. Two cars in front of me drove around the truck (over a double yellow line). Right after the second car passed, I looked down the road and there was no traffic coming the other way, so I went around the truck also. Unfortunately, a copy saw me. I know he must have seen the other car but, for some reason, decided to just pull me over. The fine is $187 which I think is very excessive. I am wondering if there is some way to get around the passing in a no passing charge. The truck was blocking the normal flow of traffic as it was just barely moving. I know there is probably no excuse, but is there something I can do to at least lessen the fine?

jshtan77

http://www.leg.state.nv.us/NAC/NAC-484.html

check this link, search for passing. There are guidelines for passing. If you can prove that the trucks were disabled or stopped at the side of the road, you have the right to pass. Then you should be fine. Do not plead guilty at the hearing if you believe this to be true. You might need to find the disabled truck driver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">