• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does service discrimination apply?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joseph80

My daughter was grocery shopping and unloading her products on the belt and the cashier told the person behind her to cut ahead, to which she agreed. As she was finishing unloading her shopping cart, the cashier told the person behind her to cut ahead as my daughter was using WIC (food stamps for children) as a her form of payment. Was she discriminated against? Arizona

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, she was not. I don't agree with what the cashier did but she did not violate any laws.

CdwJava

It does not fall into discrimination of a protected class of person. It could be that the person behind your daughter had fewer items and would be done before your daughter was finished unloading her cart.

For whatever reason, as CBG said, it's not illegal discrimination.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">