• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left Of Center Violation WTF?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jshtan77

What is the name of your state? IN

On memorial day, I was pulled over by a city cop in Anderson, IN. He followed me for about 10 blocks, tailing me at a very unsafe distance. I realized he was following me so I kept to the speed limit. When we reached to an intersection, he pull up to my left on the turning lane and gave a very annoyed look. After the light turned green, I continued on my way, but he pull up behind me again, and after another block he pulled me over. If the cop had a video of the day, it would show that I didn't not cross left of center, I even had a passenger at the time who would vouch for me.

To my horror, he gave me 2 tickets, 1 for "left of center" and the other for "Driving on a suspended license". I told him there must have been a mistake because my license is clean. He said I need to go sort it out with the BMV. Obviously, I argued with him about the "left of center" because I'm sure I didn't cross the center. It was a 3 lane road and the middle was a turning lane which I did not even cross into.

The next morning, I called the BMV and they told me there was a mistake and they accidently suspended me for not having proper insurance documents, they later discovered (the documents) were actually in their file (without so much as a warning letter).

I went to the BMV and got a certified letter stating that I had not been suspended at the time I was pulled over. I then called the prosecutor to find out if he could drop the charges. He said that he will drop the "driving on the suspended license" since I had the letter from the BMV but I will have to appear in court for "left of center".

What should I do? I am getting screwed over left and center (no pun intended). Advice please. Please state laws and show links if possible. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">