• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC Alimony - NC Legal separation???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

esaloca

What is the name of your state? NC

I've been married 7 years, and we are in the process of paperwork to start a legal separation. Upon my consultation witha lawyer I was told I could get awarded alimony for about 3 years.

We lived a very nice lifestyle with his salary which was over 100K and has dropped to about 75K. I make approx. 32K. What are my chances of getting alimony? Is this a decision the judge will grant? He is telling me he's uncomfortable paying alimony. Who will grant decision if we can't agree??

Also, can you separate and live under the same roof till the house is sold or will we have to wait till the house sells to go our separate ways? I want divorce of bed and board, but am being told that I can't legally separate until the house is sold, and he won't stay there alone, and I sure don't want to be in the house, I'd rather move out!!

Please help and give me peace of mind!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">