• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

post nuptual

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlexisR

NJ

I have been living with my significant other for 15 years, and raised his children for the last 8. I don't work and he has a family business. He wants to marry so that I can sign the papers that I have no connection to "his" family's business. He is afraid of the US legal system and getting screwed. Looks like I would be the one paying for it. He is the one hiring the lawyer, how do I professionally state my case without destoying our relationship?

VeronicaGia

AlexisR said:
NJ

I have been living with my significant other for 15 years, and raised his children for the last 8. I don't work and he has a family business. He wants to marry so that I can sign the papers that I have no connection to "his" family's business. He is afraid of the US legal system and getting screwed. Looks like I would be the one paying for it. He is the one hiring the lawyer, how do I professionally state my case without destoying our relationship?
Your post doesn't make any sense. What papers does he want you to sign? Are you talking about a pre-nuptial agreement?

In any event, you need your own attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">