• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcgrace

What is the name of your state?Georgia
My husband was clocked at 58 in 40 yesterday by an officer who's vehicle was entirely obstructed by trees. He was also parked in what is commonly a commercial parking area. When my husband aske if he had to be more visible than he was he said he was in plain sight- ha. My husband went back to take pictures putting his car where the police cas ha been and shows where he had moved to a more visible location. Any help appreciated.

lwpat

Georgia Speed Trap Law

There are specific requirements on Georgia local officers that use radar. Unfortunately they are usually ignored by the towns and also the judges.
It is likely that he can beat the ticket, however this will involve some time and research.

Since he can expect them to reduce it to an under 14mph when he appears for the arraignment it is probably not worth the effort. A 14mph does not show on your record and is a no points violation.

If he is mad enough to contest the ticket send me an email. The email function on this site has been disabled but my information is listed under my profile.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">