• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio speeding ticket laws.. please help..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

helpneededteen

I am 17 and live in Ohio. I got a ticket for failure to control about 9 months ago and I also got a speeding ticket going 45 in a 25 zone. In ohio I think if you get two or more tickets when you are still a minor you lose your lic for 90 days. Does anyone knwo how to get around this or if it is even true? I also got this ticket on dec 21 1999 and I just now got a court date for 5/12/00. I looked all over the net for some help with out getting a lawyer but I can not find anything so some one please help.

Ogin

I can't say for certain (but it's certainly worth looking into) that I believe you have a right to a fair and SPEEDY trial. There's a time limit, as in 30 days wherein the court must try you. As long as you did not sign a form saying you waived this right, I would call an attorney and ask him. They usually agree to just listen to your case on the phone and tell you what they think your best options are, free of charge because the "first consultation" is considered free.

It's worth a shot.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">