• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tearful

I had a wreck in Texas where this lady (I'll be nice) pulled out of the left turn lane only and hit my truck. I didn't have insurance so the officer gave me a ticket for no insurance then blamed me for the accident. It was clearly her fault for swerving out of a turn only lane and hitting me, why should I have to pay for her mistake. Her insurance paid her but now she is sueing me for the same balance. Why should she be paid once much less twice for her own stupidity???? The judge said I have to pay the full amount in 10 days or my license is gone until I do pay off the debt. I'm not rich if I was I would of had insurance at the time of the accident. Now I'm going to lose my license cause of this stupid you know what. Well any ideals on what I can do? I've been told not to get a lawyer cause then I would have to pay double or triple what I'm paying now. Oh yeah forgot to say the police report on the acccident has several mistakes on it is there anything I can do about that? Example time one says a.m. the other page says p.m. my age is wrong the color of the other car is wrong Please help me!!!!!!!! Any advise would be greatly appreaciated.

M

mrfaust

There seems to be alot of this going around! I am dealing with the same kind of situation. I was rear ended by a girl in California, and not only did the DMV suspend my license (which I am not arguing, because I didn't have insurance, although this was miscommunication on the part of my insurance company more than anything), but her insurance company wants me to pay $5000 for damages (her car was totalled, mine only has a small crack in the rear bumper, and if I had been at fault I would have started paying by now because I believe people should take responsibility for their actions). This has been going on since October. I asked for binding arbitration on the recommendation of an attorney (which I recommend you also do; you have nothing to lose at this point), which they rejected, but they have yet to file any court paperwork. This leads me to believe that they know they would lose and are just hoping to wear me down so I'll pay up, otherwise they would have filed suit already!! Well, good luck to you. I hope things work out for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">