• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong trail date on the notice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uhappyihappy

Last Friday I went to court for my speeding ticket court hearing.
I appealed not guilty at the court. The judge told me to come
to court for trail on June 27th

I signed the notice of my case at the clerk window and got a copy of the notice.

Today I found the trail date on the notice is June 27th, 1915.
That's a wrong date.

How should I do? Could I ask the judge to dismissed the case because the trail date is expired.

If I don't go to court on June 27th,2005, is there any trouble?

Thanks for your help.

garrula lingua

The Judge told you to return on June 27th (2005).

It doesn't matter that a clerk made an error; the Judge clearly told you to return on 6/27 ... if you don't show up, s/he'll probably issue a bench warrant (failure to appear) against you....

If you show up and complain about his staff making an error, I'm sure s/he'll appreciate that info ... especially right before s/he hears your case :)

Why don't you concentrate on why you feel you're not guilty and convince the Judge of that fact.

Bottom line is, the Judge gave you the correct date to return. Listen to the Judge.

Tony31

uhappyihappy said:
Last Friday I went to court for my speeding ticket court hearing.
I appealed not guilty at the court. The judge told me to come
to court for trail on June 27th

I signed the notice of my case at the clerk window and got a copy of the notice.

Today I found the trail date on the notice is June 27th, 1915.
That's a wrong date.

How should I do? Could I ask the judge to dismissed the case because the trail date is expired.

If I don't go to court on June 27th,2005, is there any trouble?

Thanks for your help.
The LEGAL question is wether a reasonable person in 2005 would consider an appearance date in 1915 as the judicial order as a reasonable order. Had the judge given you a 2015 appearance date you "might" be able to argue the point of a right to a speedy trial. Since 1915 has passed, dont attempt to make an honest mistake into a bench warrant for failure to appear. Your arguement will not be seen as reasonable. And if you get stopped and arrested on that warrant, you can expect to at least pay impound fees at minimum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">