• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI in Mississippi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

donna1437

I recently got a DUI in the state of Mississppi. I pleaded not guilty
to the charge. I refused to tak the breath test and the officer arrested me. On my ticket the officer said said that I was weaving in the roadway, but in court he said that he pulled me over for speeding and that I was not weaving in the roadway. He said he didn't arrest me for the DUI until he got me to the police station but that he arrested me for speeding. I was going 77 mph in a 60mph zone. Is it legal to arrest someone for speeding ? He never read me any rights when he had cuffed me and I thought the charge was DUI until last week in court. The judge found me guilty and set bond for the ticket at $500.00 and $ 1,000.00 for the DUI. I am appealing the charges but I wanted to ask you if you think I have any chance of winning the case in front of a jury. (this is my first offense)

Thanks in advance for your advice.

------------------
donna

M

msattorney

On what grounds could you possibly expect to win. You are going 77 in a 60 mph zone--that is against the law. And driving while intoxicated is a crime, too. By refusing to take a breathalizer test at the scene, the police can take you to the police station for further tests--blood or urine. As far as I can see, you done have any grounds to stand on. But maybe you should think about your behavior behind the wheel. You could hurt someone--and that someone could even be you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">