• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Obtaining a subpoena?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GKW

While stopped at an intersection, I was rear-ended by another driver. The impact pushed me into the car in front of me. The police report says (incorrectly) that I ran into the car in front of me first and then was hit from behind although the police were not there when it happened. I was give a ticket for following to closely. Even the driver of the car that I struck agrees that I was stopped and then pushed into her. The insurance company of the driver in the rear even paid to fix both my car and the car I ran into.

How do I get a subpoena for the driver I was pushed into to appear at the trial (I plead not guilty). Is it true that I can get her to sign an affidavit and use that? How do I get one?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GKW:
While stopped at an intersection, I was rear-ended by another driver. The impact pushed me into the car in front of me. The police report says (incorrectly) that I ran into the car in front of me first and then was hit from behind although the police were not there when it happened. I was give a ticket for following to closely. Even the driver of the car that I struck agrees that I was stopped and then pushed into her. The insurance company of the driver in the rear even paid to fix both my car and the car I ran into.

How do I get a subpoena for the driver I was pushed into to appear at the trial (I plead not guilty). Is it true that I can get her to sign an affidavit and use that? How do I get one?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You go to the Clerk's window at the courthouse and ask for a Subpoena. You'll fill it out - - using a black pen only - - with the name and address of the witness, and fill in the rest of the form. Then, you can pay the Sheriff or other law enforcement agency to serve the Subpoena. Or, you can have an "Attorney Service" do this for you. Make sure the "Proof of Service" gets filed with the court. YOU CANNOT SERVE THE SUBPOENA YOURSELF. You will have to pay the witness's "appearance fee" - - ask the clerk how much you have to pay to the witness.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">