• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar locked in

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

speeding and radar

I was reacently pulled over for speeding on interstate 5 in California. After asking the cop to see the radar gun he told me that i don't have the right to see the gun. I proceeded to ask so many questions after that, he finally said i could see the gun. When I asked him to show me the locked in speed he said it doesn't matter whats on the gun. I asked him where was his proof then? he said the CHP doesn't have to lock in the speed. He was nic enough to write on the ticket (his Copy) that i requested to see the rader gun and because he didn't lock in the speed, I was unable to verify the speed i was given the ticket for.
I have two questions for you, is the motorist allowed to see the radar gun, and secondly do i have a chance of beating the ticket

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">