• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maintenance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?IL I live in ILL and need to verify my future ex's employment for maintenance. He lives in PA, how would I go about verifiying his employment? I am pro se.

VeronicaGia

my3redrozes said:
What is the name of your state?IL I live in ILL and need to verify my future ex's employment for maintenance. He lives in PA, how would I go about verifiying his employment? I am pro se.
You'll have to subpoena his/her W-2's, 2004 taxes and last three pay stub.

Sorry but that doesnt make any sense in what the court has asked me to do. Dont have time to do that.I need this info by Tuesday

I think that if I had to get a court order the courts would have told me so, dont you think? :confused: Also it was the judge who told me that I had to have his employment verified. OK so now the judge was wrong?

djohnson

Courts don't always like pro se, they don't help them or telling them anything they wouldn't tell an attorney, because if you are representing yourself, you should know. May not be friendly, but the way most courts are. The judge isn't wrong, he is telling you what you need, just not how to get it. Do you just need to verify employment? Call and ask for human resources, they should verify, but they may require written requests or something else. If you need proof of wages in order to figure percentages, chances are you will need to subpoena them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">