• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is ticket without points reported to DMV?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pseg0000

What is the name of your state? NJ

I missed a 'Yield' sign and moved into light traffic without stopping but the cop behind me didn't miss it. Though there was no apparent danger, I got a ticket. Fair enough since I did make a mistake!

Now the ticket section happens to be 39:4-215. I searched over the net and found that there are no points for this; I have to pay just $54 to the court. But I have a query. Does a ticket like this (which has no points) get reported by the court to the DMV (I called the court about this but they just said that they aren't aware)? My worry is that if this happens, my insurance company will get a chance to hike the premium based on a ticketed violation (even if it was a pointless one).

Help please!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">