• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!!!! I don't want to go to jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rtwombley

I received a ticket in New Jersey last June for making an illegal left turn and driving with a suspended license. I went to court and obviously lost my case. I was fined $520. I was able to pay $360 and had an agreement to pay the remaining $160 by the end of September. Soon after I lost my job, and was unable to make the payment. It is now May(8 months later) and I am finally back on my feet in Connecticut. A warrant has been issued for my arrest in the state of New Jersey. Just wondering if paying the ticket now will keep me from further trouble. My liscence has not been suspended, but what actions should I take to clean up my record. Thanks in advance for any advice. I am hoping to buy a car soon and would like to care of this so that I can drive it legally.

J

jd

You need to make arrangements to appear again before the court to answer nto only the original charge which remains open but also for the bench warrant, which will probably involve furtehr fines, costs and penalties. But you do have to clear up both and the only way to do so if to go beofre the court. It certainly would be better to show up voluntarily rather than be picked up on an open warrant, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">