• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I be breaking any laws if I??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luvlinxowner

What is the name of your state? NY
I just started my own small business this year, at first selling Italian Modular charm bracelets, charms, etc. Then I purchased the software to make my own charms. My question is: Would I be breaking any laws by taking pictures of, say, M&M snack jars I have, and putting the photos on charms to sell, or would I be infringing on a copyright or license held on these jars?
I don't wish to get into a "Goliath" type battle with a large co, so I want to be sure of what I am doing. Also, because people have asked me about this very same thing regarding items. Some have wanted me to make charms for them using things they have, let's say, a Tweety item, as an example. I have said "No" and gone my way, but I want to be on solid ground with what I say and do. They, of course, think I am stupid, but it's my business on the line here, and I just want some advise for myself and to tell others when they argue with me. If it's OK to do this with things I own, then I'd like to know that, too. How about for personal use, too. Is there a different standard for only making them for someone who asks?? HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">