• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Surrogacy comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hopemom5

What is the name of your state? OHIO
I am soon to be entering in a contract with the Intended parents,attorney,for gestational surrogacy. We had first agreed on paying the comp of $20,000, at delivery, they know want me to agree to have a 5 day dna test done,before their attorney will give me my check for 20,000.
They want it no other way, I asked if we could change it to make it monthly payments,Like 3,333, a month for 6 months, as it is pre-child support. I have learned that I dont have to consider this income,and it is not taxable income, our concern is what if they decide to say no were not paying you, or something after delivery, It will be their child, will a contract hold up in ohio, if that was to happen, or would a judge consider it babyselling,since the baby would be born then? Should I just demand,that the I didnt do enought research into laws, and know its the monthly way or nothing? Im worried they are not going to pay me for my time and effort in this future surrogacy?
They are putting the money in an escrow account,set up by their attorney,, whom they demand I work with to, so I will not have my own attorney, as they say since their are no negotations,and they are willing to pay everything I ask for, I dont need my own attorney? Does this sound normal? what should I do?

hopemom5 said:
What is the name of your state? OHIO
I am soon to be entering in a contract with the Intended parents,attorney,for gestational surrogacy. We had first agreed on paying the comp of $20,000, at delivery, they know want me to agree to have a 5 day dna test done,before their attorney will give me my check for 20,000.
They want it no other way, I asked if we could change it to make it monthly payments,Like 3,333, a month for 6 months, as it is pre-child support. I have learned that I dont have to consider this income,and it is not taxable income, our concern is what if they decide to say no were not paying you, or something after delivery, It will be their child, will a contract hold up in ohio, if that was to happen, or would a judge consider it babyselling,since the baby would be born then? Should I just demand,that the I didnt do enought research into laws, and know its the monthly way or nothing? Im worried they are not going to pay me for my time and effort in this future surrogacy?
They are putting the money in an escrow account,set up by their attorney,, whom they demand I work with to, so I will not have my own attorney, as they say since their are no negotations,and they are willing to pay everything I ask for, I dont need my own attorney? Does this sound normal? what should I do?
If theres any doubt at all get an attorney!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">