• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turning Signal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shepard

Last night, I went through a traffic check (where police check every car driving through a particular intersection). They checked my insurance and liscense and they were ok. Then they checked my lights and turn signals. One turn signal was not working properly. I was then issued a $115 citation for defective equipment here in Arkansas. (I understand that most of these questions are not state specific, so I am asking in general and for guidance).

Can I use the defense that hand signals are valid signals? Would this be probable cause? Can I demand a court appointed lawyer? Can I demand that the police officer and judge, working in the same jurisdiction, is a conflict of interest, thus the case needs to be taken elsewhere?

My turning signal had just been out a few days and I was going to get it fixed this weekend, but was not given the chance. As a card carrying member of the ACLU, can I issue a profiling case becasue on the ticket there is a "race" section and because the officer asked if I was employed or was a student? Could being a student be age discrimination and profiling?

ALawyer

Can I use the defense that hand signals are valid signals?

NOT IF THE STATE REQUIRES OPERATING TURN SIGNALS.

Would this be probable cause?

THERE MAY BE AN ISSUE OF A PROPER BASIS TO STOP YOU, BUT I'D NOT MAKE A FEDERAL CASE OUT OF THAT UNLESS YOU ARE IN A PROTECTED CLASS.

Can I demand a court appointed lawyer?

NO. YOU ARE NOT FACING OVER 6 MONTHS IN JAIL, I HOPE.

Can I demand that the police officer and judge, working in the same jurisdiction, is a conflict of interest, thus the case needs to be taken elsewhere?

GET REAL.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

M

Mort

You knew that your turn signal was broken it is a privlige to be able to drive a car are other drivers supposed to know when you plan on turning?

Pay the fine get the turn signal fixed next time act surprised if you know the turn signal is broken might help you only get a warning to show that you fixed it within five days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">