• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cchamb

Hello. My name is Chad. Today I got stopped by a traffic cop for "running a red light". When I went through the intersection, the light was yellow. I was turning left and their was also an 18 wheeler in the outside lane also turning left. We were side by side and the light was yellow and turned red as we were both turning. The cop stopped me and said that I ran the red light. I disagreed. The light was actually yellow and turned red as I was turning left. I did not accelerate through the light. He said that I could take it up with the judge. What are the chances of having this ticket dismissed in court? There is also a discrepancy on the ticket. The address is written wrong on the ticket. Wondered if this alone would be grounds to dismiss the ticket. Your feedback is appreciated in this matter.

Chad

P

PapaSmurf

Chad, I can't preach, but I think the cop did the right thing. He let the 18-wheeler go did he not? by turning on the inside lane, you run the risk of not being seen by the driver, and getting run over. The driver of the truck was put in a position of either stopping for you, blocking the intersection, or continuing. The cops are getting more aware of these kind of things happening, and when he saw you cutting the corner, which is what you did, trying to beat the truck, he made the right call. STAY BEHIND THE BACK CORNER OF THE TRAILER. Please. Your grandchildren will thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">