• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket after hours!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ctcqaro

I got a speeding ticket at 1:45AM: 83 in a 55 zone. I got 2 points and a $135 ticket. I live in Maryland. Im on a provisional licence and am not supposed to be on the road after midnight. I'll gladly pay the fine but I dont want the points! The officer suggested that I take it to court and see if the judge wont make me get the points. I was wondering if it would be better to:

A: Keep the points, pay the fine.
B: Pay the fine and go to court and see if the judge will be cool and not give me any points.

My concern is that I was on the road when i wasnt supposed to be and I want to know if the judge could possibly make things worse for me than me just taking the points and paying the ticket. What happened was I fell asleep at my friend's house and When I woke up it was 1:30 and I was speeding on the Beltway on the way home.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?!?!?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">