• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advise!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Uncertain25

I am in Canada. I know who my bio mother is, and have contacted her a year ago and she did not reply to my contact. I received an email today from her and she has threatened to put a restraining order on me if I contact any of her family members. Being 25 yrs of age do I have a right to be in contact with family members who have contacted me on their own or do I have to abide by her threatening email? I am very confused and shocked and uncertain what to do....... :confused:

nextwife

Eveidentally, the facts surrounding the pregnancy and relinquishment are painful for your biomom. She is not ready to deal with it, nor prepared to haver you enter her life. It is entirely possible that family member may have been told a different story than what really happened, so may not realize what this brings up to her.

She made a bold choice 25 years ago and hoped that making an adoption plan gave you a happier and better life than she could have offered you. You need to respect her right to privacy and let it go. If she wishes to contact you later, she obviously has a way to contact you. But it should be her call as to whether you are in touch with her extended family. They may not know the whole story- she certainly does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">