• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City Ordinance Abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Patricia Corrigan

Does a city ordinance prohibiting the parking of vehicles for the purpose of sale on public property prevent me from having a "for sale" sign on my vehicle while parked in the college campus parking lot while I am attending class?
I have a copy of the city ordinance.
My request for Administrative Review based on: Selective Enforcement (other cars in the
campus parking lot have business
signs although I did not include
such photos with my request for
revies
Civil Rights (interference with commerce)
First Amendment Right violation (I
included a couple of Supreme Court
Cases about this one)
I lost on my review. Now, I must pay the fine in order to get a hearing date (which I take exception to because I think it's admitting guilt). The nearest hearing date is in August. I could request a hearing by mail which the clerk said takes less time. Then, if I win, it will take 6 to 8 weeks to get my fine (62.00 which goes up to about 120 after June 7th) If I lose the hearing, I can request a trial date.

I just heard of yet another citizen who was cited for the same reason. I think this is a matter of public interest. I think the ordinance is too vague. Should I file an injunction against the city to prevent further enformement of this ordinance-will this bring it to trial? This needs to be "fixed" and I would appreciate any help. My husband has been applying for jobs out of state, so even though time is an issue, I want to fight this.
Thank you,
T. Corrigan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">