• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help....need opinions and advice!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TanyaKaia

What is the name of your state? Texas

I really need some help! Back in 2001 some checks of my mother's were stolen and written (27 to be exact all for less than 50.00) well in 2003 my mom was arrested for theft of property by check for all of these. She hired an attorney and they found they had been forged (she didn't know anything about the checks being missing until this point) Her attorney asked her who all had been in her house and she gave him the names of me, my boyfriend at the time and several of our friends. Well, she was upset at the time and i guess they assumed it was me It wasn't...i have a feeling it was him i have letters from him from when he went to prison with the handwriting looking very similar to the writing on the checks. Well last thursday she received a letter from her attorney and a motion to dismiss from the county attorney that had been signed off on from the judge saying it was dismissed on her and the case had been turned over to the d.a. Well she called her attorney's office and asked about it and they said that they were pressing charges on me for forgery. Now my question is what's going to happen to me? They haven't called me in for a handwriting sample....are they going to issue a warrant for me? My mom is calling tommorow to the attorney's office to tell them she doesn't think it was me but since it's already at the d.a.'s office will it be too late????? I used to live a very bad life with drugs and such and have a prior conviction of misdeameanor marijuana possession that i served probation for...but my life is clean now i have a great job and a baby....i don't need this to happen to me...especially since i didn't do the crime! Please help!!!

Tanya

TYRIS

TanyaKaia said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

I really need some help! Back in 2001 some checks of my mother's were stolen and written (27 to be exact all for less than 50.00) well in 2003 my mom was arrested for theft of property by check for all of these. She hired an attorney and they found they had been forged (she didn't know anything about the checks being missing until this point) Her attorney asked her who all had been in her house and she gave him the names of me, my boyfriend at the time and several of our friends. Well, she was upset at the time and i guess they assumed it was me It wasn't...i have a feeling it was him i have letters from him from when he went to prison with the handwriting looking very similar to the writing on the checks. Well last thursday she received a letter from her attorney and a motion to dismiss from the county attorney that had been signed off on from the judge saying it was dismissed on her and the case had been turned over to the d.a. Well she called her attorney's office and asked about it and they said that they were pressing charges on me for forgery. Now my question is what's going to happen to me? They haven't called me in for a handwriting sample....are they going to issue a warrant for me? My mom is calling tommorow to the attorney's office to tell them she doesn't think it was me but since it's already at the d.a.'s office will it be too late????? I used to live a very bad life with drugs and such and have a prior conviction of misdeameanor marijuana possession that i served probation for...but my life is clean now i have a great job and a baby....i don't need this to happen to me...especially since i didn't do the crime! Please help!!!

Tanya

-If the District Attorney has enough evidence to charge you then yes they can issue a warrant for your arrest. I would keep the letters from your boyfriend in case that happens so your attorney can try to have the signatures compared.

Tyris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">