• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Guardianship or Re Adoption? HOW?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ANGELWEEZY

What is the name of your state?SOUTH CAROLINA
We lost custody of our daughter to my parents 6 years ago, at the time our daughter was 2. At the time I was going in and out of the hospital for infection in the c-section I had that had opened up. I spent a total of 19 months in the hospital during those first 2 years. My hubby was verbally abusing me at the time. we were living in my parents rental property at the time. I had came home from tthe hospital, was handed papers to sign giving up my parental rights or get out of there rental(THAT DAY). I had no where to go but the street. I was too sick and mentally I was worse due to how sick I was. We signed those papers, but the lawyer had to hold me up physically because I was crying so hard, I just could not believe what my own mother and step dad was doing to me. We moved away after the adoption was final, but was allowed to visit our daughter, as she got older, she has been allowed to stay with us during all holidays and summer( We live 4 hours away, but still in s.c.) Last week my mom asked our daughter a loaded question(Actually she was trying to make a joke, I guess) She asked her if she liked it here with me and her real dad, by the way, he has been to counselling and has taken 4 different types of parenting classes to better himself for our daughter. Our daughter told my mom that she loved it here and that she wanted to live with her real mommie and daddy and go to school here. My parents have said that she can now live with us and go to school(THANK GOD) Question #1: What type of paperwork do I need from them so I can enroll her in school and so we can legally take care of all her everyday needs? They have said no to us readopting her.#2 is there a chance that I can make them (LEGALLY) allows us to readopt our daughter, after a couple of years of her living with us and all has been well? Our daughter begs all the time to be readopted,she does not like her last name being different. I have taken mental abuse for 6 long years from my mom, just to be a part of my daughter's life. I just feel that somewhere along the line, I have to try to make all this right for her. Please, share your input on my situation and what you would do. I think Adoption is a wonderful thing, if it is for all the right reasons. This adoption was for pure evil.Why do I say that? 2 years before our daughter was born, My mom told me that she would give anything to give her new husband the baby he long to have, but she had already had here ovaries removed,so I guess the next best thing was my daughter. Thanks for all you advice.

ANGELWEEZY said:
What is the name of your state?SOUTH CAROLINA
We lost custody of our daughter to my parents 6 years ago, at the time our daughter was 2. At the time I was going in and out of the hospital for infection in the c-section I had that had opened up. I spent a total of 19 months in the hospital during those first 2 years. My hubby was verbally abusing me at the time. we were living in my parents rental property at the time. I had came home from tthe hospital, was handed papers to sign giving up my parental rights or get out of there rental(THAT DAY). I had no where to go but the street. I was too sick and mentally I was worse due to how sick I was. We signed those papers, but the lawyer had to hold me up physically because I was crying so hard, I just could not believe what my own mother and step dad was doing to me. We moved away after the adoption was final, but was allowed to visit our daughter, as she got older, she has been allowed to stay with us during all holidays and summer( We live 4 hours away, but still in s.c.) Last week my mom asked our daughter a loaded question(Actually she was trying to make a joke, I guess) She asked her if she liked it here with me and her real dad, by the way, he has been to counselling and has taken 4 different types of parenting classes to better himself for our daughter. Our daughter told my mom that she loved it here and that she wanted to live with her real mommie and daddy and go to school here. My parents have said that she can now live with us and go to school(THANK GOD) Question #1: What type of paperwork do I need from them so I can enroll her in school and so we can legally take care of all her everyday needs? They have said no to us readopting her.#2 is there a chance that I can make them (LEGALLY) allows us to readopt our daughter, after a couple of years of her living with us and all has been well? Our daughter begs all the time to be readopted,she does not like her last name being different. I have taken mental abuse for 6 long years from my mom, just to be a part of my daughter's life. I just feel that somewhere along the line, I have to try to make all this right for her. Please, share your input on my situation and what you would do. I think Adoption is a wonderful thing, if it is for all the right reasons. This adoption was for pure evil.Why do I say that? 2 years before our daughter was born, My mom told me that she would give anything to give her new husband the baby he long to have, but she had already had here ovaries removed,so I guess the next best thing was my daughter. Thanks for all you advice.

You are going to need a lawyer but her are your state adoption laws read down towards the bottom and it will tell you or not if your state allows termination of adoption....
http://laws.adoption.com/statutes/south-carolina-laws,3.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">