• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

veryuneek

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

A co-worker of mine went to a grocery store locally, purchased items, and while checking out noticed the employee had a cut on them and was bleeding.
Instead of asking if they were alright and asking if they wanted to go fix the problem, they let the transaction proceed and finish, then carried their groceries out of the store. Once loaded into their car, they came back in and caused a scene, demanding for the manager, and the owner. They then proceeded to demand the employee with the cut to have an AIDS test.
They told the manager of the grocery that they are a reporter at a local TV station and will have this investigated and let everyone know what happened.
After they left the store, they have continously called the store owner to complain.
The owner of the grocery called the TV station to complain, and the GM told them, he couldn't do anything because it was after work hours. (this TV station is an "at will employment" station)

The issues are:
A.) This person is NOT a reporter at the local TV station. True they hold a different position, but it's not a reporter.
B.) The GM did nothing.
C.) The employee with the cut had to leave work because they were so upset because of the accusations.

Is there anything the grocery store can do?
Is there anything the TV station can do??

ldkirby

Is there anything anyone can do?

About what? It sounds like your "friend" ran his/her mouth, then the store did the same. Not illegal...just adolescent and annoying.

Maybe I missed something in your post.

veryuneek

ldkirby said:
Is there anything anyone can do?

About what? It sounds like your "friend" ran his/her mouth, then the store did the same. Not illegal...just adolescent and annoying.

Maybe I missed something in your post.

No one can do anything even to my co-worker? The person said they were something they weren't. To me that's giving the station a bad name in the public, most employers frown upon that.

ldkirby

What do you want to happen? You heard a story about something. You weren't there. You don't know how it went. Why are you so insistent that someone get sued for something?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">