• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

leaving the scene

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my son was recently given a ticket for leaving the scene of a property damage accident, and not reporting it. he hit a county bridge in ks and proceeded to drive home. his truck only made it about 1 mile before it quit running. someone behind him offered him a ride home and he took it. this was at night, on a country road, so he was just ging to go get the truck the next day. instead, someone reported the truck parked there and the sheriff's department sited him and told him he has to appear in court june 6th. he told them he did not deny what he did and he requested that he just pay whatever the fine was. he was sited with a misdemeaner. they said he couldn't do that because the court might site him for other violations. do you have any idea what other things they could be talking about? i am concerned and would like to know if he should have a lawyer with him in the court appearance. he is an adult son, but mothers still worry. please let me know if you can help me with any information, or know of where i could get info. he has called a few lawyers here and they either don't take that kind of case or have not returned his calls. if they make him pay to have the bridge fixed, would that be paid by his truck insurance? he said that all four corners of the bridge are damaged, and they have not fixed it before. most of the damage was already there before he hit it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">