• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Uneccessarily Impounded over Memorial Day Weekend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

C Daniels

Hello,

I'll get straight to the point. I awoke today to find that my car was missing from in front of my home. I immediately called the police thinking the car was stollen. Once the office arrived at my home and after answering a series of questions, it was founded that my car had been towed by the Norristown, PA. Police Dept. I asked the officer why and he said because it was illegally parked.

I live on a narrow, 2 way street with parking allowed only on oe side of the street. Let me also mentione that this street is a major artery in town and is used by public buses as well as other large commercial vehicles. It is a common practice for myself as well as other residents and visitors to park their car in a way that part of the car is on the sidewalk. This is done to help prevent anyone from hiting the car.

I just moved to my neighboorhood the 1st of this month and have been parking my car that way from day one. Well, late last night or early this morning 4 a.m. to be exact, an officer on duty found it neccessary to have my car impounded due to it being parked that way. He found it neccessary to impound my car on a holiday weekend because it was partially parked on the side walk. Something that I and others do every single day. Something that one person today received a parking ticket for , but I had my car towed for. Due to it being a holiday weekend & Sunday, I will not be able to get my car until Tuesday.

I will be expected to pay the towing fee, which will be at the very least $50, plus storage fee's for two-three days.

I would like to know if there is any recourse I have due to the fact that one person was ticketed for the same violation. Is there any chance that I can get my car back without having to pay for the tow and impound fees? I would greatly appreciate a quick reply. Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">