• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ordinance question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fed-up citizen

How does a private citizen go about changing a city ordinance they believe is unconstitutional?
thanks,
fed-up citizen

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fed-up citizen:
How does a private citizen go about changing a city ordinance they believe is unconstitutional?
thanks,
fed-up citizen
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You can state your arguments at the next session of your City Council meeting. You can also talk to your "Registrar of Voters" and find out the requirements of starting a written petition drive, so that you and your likeminded citizens, can present the signed petitions to your City Council.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

F

fedupcitizen

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face=" Arial, Verdana, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

You can state your arguments at the next session of your City Council meeting. You can also talk to your "Registrar of Voters" and find out the requirements of starting a written petition drive, so that you and your likeminded citizens, can present the signed petitions to your City Council.

I would like to appear at the next City Council meeting, but the next meeting is after I am supposed to pay my parking ticket. I have already tried to contest the ticket by writing a letter, as required and lost my appeal. Next would be a hearing date but I have to pay the fine to get a date and I don't think it's right. I would be willing to file paperwork with the city, etc, to stop enforcement, because I think the ordinance is unconstitutional and that I should not have to pay the fine to get a proper hearing. I would welcome opinions on this..
Fed up citizen

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">