• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if both partys of an accident are in the wrong what then

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gypsivixen

What is the name of your state? CA. I was involved in an accident. the police deemed the accident my fault and I was sited for attempting to make a u-turn in a business distric the other vehicle involved T-boned me at about 30 mph on the drivers side I was rushed to the nearest trauma center as soon as they got me out of the car. He told the police that I turned in front of him from the right lane. Bold face lie I turned from the #2 lane and he was going around me in the medium because i was going to slow for him. point of impact was dead center of the medium. I was severly injured. 2 broken ribs broken in two places, a fractured pelvis in 3 places, and a fractured hip. I only have PL & PD and no medical insurance for my self and a whole bunch of medical bills I have found witnesses to testify what lane I was in should I take this to court or not. after all two wrongs dont make a right.

racer72

If U turns are not legal where you were making the turn, the actions of the other party are irrelevent to your case. And being as you were the party that initiated the illegal turn, thus starting the events that led to the accident, it appears fault was correctly placed on the correct party. I would suggest talking to a local attorney to discuss what options are available to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">