• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Burglary charges what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

makaveli3004

What is the name of your state? New York

OK so the story goes me and about 8 other friends were at ocean beach new york and we were all very very drunk and looking for a party we seen a house with all the lights on and th door open. Me and a friendwalk up my friend walks in i stand at the door he walks aroudnand comes back with a laptop and a house phone and i hold it he runs back in and looks somemore and comes back and takes the laptop we leave then there is a little concession stand and my other friend breaks the window and enters along with 8 of us and this one kid breaks alot of stuff inside. later on my friend who broke into the conssesion standi s caught and arrested. at arrest he only give the police mine and my friend wit the laptops name. so we are all arrested me andm y friend with the laptop recieve two burglary charges in the 2nd and 3rd degree while the kid who broke iunto the consession stand only got burglary in the 3rd.

My question is what do you feel could happen as a suitable punishment from the courts. I was on acod for 6 months for a minor chalked id and completed with no problems. But now i am 18 and 3 months old and have these 2 charges. The only thing i am hoping for is to stay out of jail and have my records sealed which is possible up until 19. I do good in school and have a A average all through high school which i am about to graduate from in a few days. Please let me know what you think will happen. Thank you

ldkirby

I have no idea what the penalties are in your state, but you can easily look them up on the internet. I can only speculate that this isn't your first rodeo. Your description of the events reads as though you think B&E is no big deal.

I do have a question...How is it that you are making A's, ready to graduate, and out getting drunk and committing crimes?

In my experience both as a teenager, and now a parent, you don't get it both ways.

gonesouth

change

Quit hanging out w/ those friends. I know/have known young people who
party and still get straight a's, but they dont get arrested.Find different drinking buddies.

omfg

ldkirby said:
I have no idea what the penalties are in your state, but you can easily look them up on the internet. I can only speculate that this isn't your first rodeo. Your description of the events reads as though you think B&E is no big deal.

I do have a question...How is it that you are making A's, ready to graduate, and out getting drunk and committing crimes?

In my experience both as a teenager, and now a parent, you don't get it both ways.
How does that help? Just because you couldn't do it, means he couldn't have? (That's kind of dumb to assume)

First off, lose the friends, Check (Good Start)
two being that this is your second offense, you kind of recieve the full extent of the laws power.

Look up Burglury Law in New York in Google and you'll find likely precautions.

Maybe you might be able to cut a deal with the cops (they love that) and turn in a few more of your friends and get off the hook a bit.

Work up an alaby, get an attorny that is detailed in burglary and he will help you even more.

Good luck

I'm sorry I have no answers but the first post, just kind of got me a lil flustered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">