• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspension of my license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

surjihunt

What is the name of your state? GA. Ok First of all I want to know why did they wait for so long to suspend my license because I got two tickets way back in oct and they just now sent me a letter in May saying that my license is suspended What is up with that. Second i wanna know is there anyway can i get them back before the six months is up? Third of all I want to know is there any free class in Georgia to take to get my license back? Can anyone help me out with this. Oh yea Im 17 right now Im bout to be 18 in sept. and I dont get my license back till nov. Will I be able to get my class C license instead of getting my Class D license again

dkpd73

Ok First of all I want to know why did they wait for so long to suspend my license because I got two tickets way back in oct and they just now sent me a letter in May saying that my license is suspended What is up with that.

It's the government -- they work slow.

Second i wanna know is there anyway can i get them back before the six months is up?

Probably not if it was suspended for serious violations.

Third of all I want to know is there any free class in Georgia to take to get my license back?

I don't know. I hope not. Why should the taxpayers of GA pay for you to take a class when you are the one who screwed up?

Can anyone help me out with this. Oh yea Im 17 right now Im bout to be 18 in sept. and I dont get my license back till nov. Will I be able to get my class C license instead of getting my Class D license again

I don't know this one either. You need to talk to the DMVS.

Don't be driving on a suspended license in Georgia. The last guy I arrested for driving suspended got 10 days and a $793 fine.

surjihunt

OK my license was suspended because one failor to stop completly at a stop sign and two goin 50 in a 35 mph speed zone, I say that is not really a serious violation

dkpd73

Knowledge, grasshopper.

On the GCIC hit we get when we run your license, if it was suspended for points violations (as your's was), then it is listed as a serious violations suspension. That's what I would write on the ticket when I booked you into the jail.

See you on the street.

surjihunt

ok but though on the one with the speeding violation. He told me that it wasn't going to be on my insurance or take any points off of my license and you say that you would've wrote it on my ticket saying that it was a serious violation.

dkpd73

I didn't make myself clear.

When (and if) I booked you into the jail for driving on a suspended license, I would write serious violations suspension on the ticket.

Three tickets in the year you've been driving is considered serious by those who write the law. With a class D license, you are given much less leeway. That's why it's called a provisional license.

Serve your 6 months and go from there. I don't think there is a chance of getting your license back before then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">