• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step-parent Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tazzie

What is the name of your state? Pennslvania
me and my husband our trying to find some information on step-parent adoption. my husband wants to adopt my son but I don't know what to do our how to go about getting things started.

listed3

First, get a lawyer. If you are going to try it without a lawyer, search in a search engine or on your state's court sites to see if the appropriate forms and instructions are posted.

listed3 said:
First, get a lawyer. If you are going to try it without a lawyer, search in a search engine or on your state's court sites to see if the appropriate forms and instructions are posted.
Wait a sec. Where is the Bio Dad?

haiku

tazzie said:
What is the name of your state? Pennslvania
me and my husband our trying to find some information on step-parent adoption. my husband wants to adopt my son but I don't know what to do our how to go about getting things started.
first step for adoption is ALWAYS a lawyer, anything worth doing is worth doing right.

Adoption should never be a do it yourself plan until a lawyer gives you the go ahead to do so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">