• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pending ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

unpaidticket

Hi:

I received a 2nd ticket for speeding a year and 1/2 ago (1st was paid off). 78 in a 65 zone and out-of-state ticket. I would like to contest it, but seeing that it has gone beyond the "must reply date", I am afraid they may impose additional charges against me. It is still unpaid, what's the best way to handle this? points are a priority versus the fine.

Please help, thanks in advance

J

jimlawnc

if you don't take care of the ticket (it was out of state right?) it will catch up with you, in one of 2 ways, the next time you're driving in that state and get a ticket they will also give you a ticket for driving on a revoked licensed (because that state can revoke your privilege to drive in that state but not in your home state), or the next time you try to renew your license you won't be able to

If you are worried about points on your license or your premiums I would suggest going to the clerk of courts' office (that's what it is called in my state) and asking them what you have to do to get a court date to go to court and get the speed reduced.
good luck
diana

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">