• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion Secretary of State?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?IL
How does one go about motioning or petiting the Secretary of state on traffice tickets that got issued due to false credentials on car.

TYRIS

my3redrozes said:
What is the name of your state?IL
How does one go about motioning or petiting the Secretary of state on traffice tickets that got issued due to false credentials on car.

-You need to explain the situation a little bit more before someone can help you. Also..what does the Secretary of State have to do with traffic citations?

Tyris

OK what happened was, I was driving a car that wasnt in my name, and I got pulled over because the wrong plate was on the car, and as I went on, I was asked for insurance card, the owner didnt pay the insurance. I was issued tickets in my name and want to let the Sec of State know that the car wasnt in my name and so on. How do you go about doing this? I was told to petition the Sec of State. Do I just write a letter including the ticket numbers?

CdwJava

The Sec. of State has nothing to do with it. You have to bring these issues to the attention of the court - not the Sec. of State of Illinois.

If the problem is not your responsibility because you were borrowing the car, then you need to get some information from the person who owned the car ... and, probably, an attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">