• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emmasmommy

What is the name of your state?[What is the name of your state? PA
My husband and I have been married 4 yrs, we went thru a pretty rocky time about 2 yrs into our marriage. He decided he wanted a divorce filed for one and then we decided to make it work.Well I became pregnant last May he was ecstatic, well when I started to show he became very weird and finally in Dec of 2004 left me for the secretary at work who was also married. He had his own part time business here on our property as a mechanic. I took pictures and video of all the possessions in the garage because I did not know what he would do, well one day I came home from work and everything was gone. He will not give me a divorce I have asked him many times to sign off the house and we will just forget anything was in the garage. He says now I can not prove that there was anything in there and wants me to pay him 15000.00 for the house when he took a truck, kubota tractor, and 40000.00 in tools. and about 17000.00 out of a savings acct. My question is will he have to make good on all that stuff or will I end up getting the shaft again. I had all the reciepts for the stuff but when we went to have our taxes done he went and took it all. My attorney told me that the divorce he filed for is now null and void because we obviously reconsiled and the result was a baby who is now 5 mths old. Does this make sense?

LdiJ

emmasmommy said:
What is the name of your state?[What is the name of your state? PA
My husband and I have been married 4 yrs, we went thru a pretty rocky time about 2 yrs into our marriage. He decided he wanted a divorce filed for one and then we decided to make it work.Well I became pregnant last May he was ecstatic, well when I started to show he became very weird and finally in Dec of 2004 left me for the secretary at work who was also married. He had his own part time business here on our property as a mechanic. I took pictures and video of all the possessions in the garage because I did not know what he would do, well one day I came home from work and everything was gone. He will not give me a divorce I have asked him many times to sign off the house and we will just forget anything was in the garage. He says now I can not prove that there was anything in there and wants me to pay him 15000.00 for the house when he took a truck, kubota tractor, and 40000.00 in tools. and about 17000.00 out of a savings acct. My question is will he have to make good on all that stuff or will I end up getting the shaft again. I had all the reciepts for the stuff but when we went to have our taxes done he went and took it all. My attorney told me that the divorce he filed for is now null and void because we obviously reconsiled and the result was a baby who is now 5 mths old. Does this make sense?
Do you still have the pictures and video of what was in the garage?

You do not need him to "give" you a divorce. You don't need his permission or agreement to get one. Get yourself an attorney (too much is at stake financially not to have one) and file for divorce.

nextwife

How much of that was bought AFTER the marriage? If he entered the marriage with those assets, then they are not marrital property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">