• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ethical complaint against Asst Dist Atty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diego7608

I was cited in error for speeding by the Oklahoma HP. I knew the trooper was up ahead because a farmer in an old truck had warned me. Consequently, I went past him at the requisite 55 mph. There were multiple errors in his procedure and on the face of the ticket. I pled not guilty but gave the Asst DA a chance to withdraw the ticket before trial because he and I both knew he would lose in court. He said he would not default me for not showing up on the date indicated on the ticket and would contact me once he had “looked at it.” In short, he lied to me. He did default me. Court personnel then lost the case somewhere in the bowels of their system and I did not hear from the court for over a year. I finally got in touch with the judge, outlined my situation and he then dismissed the case with prejudice. Apparently, I was not the first person so treated by the ADA.

I have already extracted vast revenge against the state but I want to extend this on a more personal note to the ADA. Yes, I can prove he lied to me. I can also obtain testimony that others have had similar treatment.

I have two questions:

1. Is it best to file an ethical complaint directly with the state bar or to go through another attorney?
2. How long will it be before I get a smart aleck response to my post?

The Over/Under on this currently stands at 34 minutes.

lwpat

You file the complaint with his boss, just as you would with any other employee. I would also copy your local county council representative.

garrula lingua

Life is too short for your "vast revenge".

Your traffic ticket was probably one of hundreds on this person's desk.
In all paperwork shuffles, some small percentage falls thru the cracks.

It sounds like the Judge solved your problem. Go live your life; be happy.

I doubt if there was any great conspiracy against you - just a SNAFU.
Have some ice-cream.

garrula lingua said:
Life is too short for your "vast revenge".

Your traffic ticket was probably one of hundreds on this person's desk.
In all paperwork shuffles, some small percentage falls thru the cracks.

It sounds like the Judge solved your problem. Go live your life; be happy.

I doubt if there was any great conspiracy against you - just a SNAFU.
Have some ice-cream.
That's good advice, garrula, from a mental health point of view. Still, when a rotten egg is in the legal system, as it sounds like may be the case, the impact upon due process in a number of cases becomes more damaging than folks realize, against justice and individual rights, damaging to respect for law....and tend not to get fixed unless somebody is highly motivated to stick with it. Counseling to "let it slide, forget about it" then becomes a conspiracy for neglect...and against us all.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">