• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rifle question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Veronica1228

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I hope this is the right forum.

My father died many years ago, and while packing some boxes in the family home I found his old deer hunting rifle. I completely forgot about it until now. Can my mother get into trouble for not having this weapon registered in her name? I tried to google the answer, and it seems like rifles don't need to be registered in Wisconsin, but I just wanted to verify this with my knowledgeable friends here at FA.

Any help would be appreciated.

Curt581

Veronica1228 said:
My father died many years ago, and while packing some boxes in the family home I found his old deer hunting rifle. I completely forgot about it until now. Can my mother get into trouble for not having this weapon registered in her name? I tried to google the answer, and it seems like rifles don't need to be registered in Wisconsin, but I just wanted to verify this with my knowledgeable friends here at FA.
No, she can't get in any trouble. There are no firearms registration requirement laws in Wisconsin... at least, for her purposes.

Veronica1228

Curt581 said:
No, she can't get in any trouble. There are no firearms registration requirement laws in Wisconsin... at least, for her purposes.
Thanks hon. I knew you would be able to help me. I owe you one. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">