• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Security Clearance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rickcurrieryyy

What is the name of your state? California

Hello, I just graduated with my masters in aeronautics and am seeking employmeny. I got a DUI (misdemeanor) when I was 20 years old (September 2002), and it has been three years since that has occurred. It is my only offense ever, including traffic tickets. I completed all of the conditions that the court imposed on me in a timely manner, and like I stated above, it is my only run in ever with the law. Will I have a problem obtaining a security clearance? Will they take into account the age of when it occurred and the fact that it is an isolated incident? Should this be something I should be really concerned about?

csporluck

I wouldn't worry that much about it. Screwed Up, lessoned learn. So long as you aren't hiding anything, and you are straight forward on your interview and SF-86, all should be okay. The military will kickj someone out for DUI, but often times they retain their clearance.

mikekam9280

dont worry

youthful indescretions are expected, what theyre looking for is honesty, be honest on all of your forms and in all of your interviews and you have nothing to worry about.

bob567

ts clearance for a contractor

Hello all,

I received an sf-86 form from my contractor I work for in order to go for a TS clearance. They told me to turn it into the office manager when Im done and he would send it in.
My question is if my company is allowed to and will read through my sf-86 form before they send it, or is it completely confidential between me and the agency doing my investigation?
Also, another question is: if I dont get clearance, do they send a letter to my employer saying why I didnt? Or do only I receive that letter, and the employer just gets a letter saying that I didnt get it.
Lastly, again, if my clearance does not go through, how long do i have to wait before i try again?
Thanks
Bob

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">