• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dougwheat

Recently I was involved in a major car accident where the CHP said it was my fault. In his report, he wrote down I've violated one of the driving codes (following too close), but I havn't recieved my ticket yet. Does any one know how long the CHP has or can they issue me a ticket whenever they feel like, like 5 years from now.

J

jd

You would have been issuesd a citation once it was determined you violated the law if a citation was forthcoming. The finding of fault will be used in any civil proceedings against you, but you most likely won't be hearing any more about the vehicle code violation.

M

MissCK1

I got a ticket the other day but the cop didn't sign my ticket? Isn't that grounds enough to get the ticket thrown out? I mean, it is an official document and by not signing it, it says that they aren't verifying that the information on the ticket is correct. Any information on this would be helpful. Thank you.
Carrie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">