• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket at 60 in a 45

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ssmcb

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I got a speeding ticket for going 60 in a 45. When I looked at my speedometer it read 51. The officer said he clocked me at 60. I have been driving for 18 years and never had a speeding ticket.
I have never had to go to court before, Should I go to court and plead not quilty? Or Should I asked for a prayer for judgement continued?
Can you get a prayer for judgement continued without going to court?
I would like some advice on what to do and say when I have to go to court.

You may be able to plea this down or get a PJC yourself but probably want to talk to an attorney if your not comfortable doing so. You're at 15 over which is the licence suspension break-point and you will receive 2 insurance points if convicted which is a 45% insurance increase.

You can go to court, ask for a reduction. If they don't give you one, plead not guilty and see a lawyer.

See this link for more info: NC Traffic and Insurance Points

An experienced lawyer has a very high probability of making this go away in NC. Cost should be in the $250-$500 range whih wil be much less than an insurance increase.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">