• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas Divorce Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mymouse

What is the name of your state?Texas - I filed an uncontested divorce last October, 2004. I currently work and reside in Baghdad and it is difficult to do any kind of business from here. My husband has not and will not set the court date to get the final decree. We are on good terms but I do not know what to do from here? Is there anything that I can do to get the final decree without him having to set the date? I did sign a Waiver of Service so that I didn't have to be there. I am hoping that after so much time goes by that it doesn't have to be started over? Can someone please help me with this? Thanks

LdiJ

mymouse said:
What is the name of your state?Texas - I filed an uncontested divorce last October, 2004. I currently work and reside in Baghdad and it is difficult to do any kind of business from here. My husband has not and will not set the court date to get the final decree. We are on good terms but I do not know what to do from here? Is there anything that I can do to get the final decree without him having to set the date? I did sign a Waiver of Service so that I didn't have to be there. I am hoping that after so much time goes by that it doesn't have to be started over? Can someone please help me with this? Thanks
What you really need to do is to hire an attorney to handle this for you. You are correct, its really impossible for you to do it from abroad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">