• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long do I have to wait?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1mrtym

What is the name of your state?I live in Nebraska. My husband filed for divorce in the county where we lived. I have moved to a different county. I have no atttorney. I did reply to the notice I got that I was being sued for divorce. It has been almost 2 months since I replied. I have heard nothing since. How long do I have to wait before I can file for divorce in my county?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

1mrtym said:
What is the name of your state?I live in Nebraska. My husband filed for divorce in the county where we lived. I have moved to a different county. I have no atttorney. I did reply to the notice I got that I was being sued for divorce. It has been almost 2 months since I replied. I have heard nothing since. How long do I have to wait before I can file for divorce in my county?

My response:

. . . until Hell freezes.

Gee, it's no damn wonder, is it, why your husband dumped your fat ass. You are completely humorless!

IAAL

1mrtym

Thank you so much for your help. No I don't think its funny to belittle other people who are in pain, just so you can get yourself a laugh.Very professional response. I understand why you are on here.

LdiJ

1mrtym said:
Thank you so much for your help. No I don't think its funny to belittle other people who are in pain, just so you can get yourself a laugh.Very professional response. I understand why you are on here.
Unless your husband's case gets dismissed in the other county, you cannot file in yours. If you get an attorney your attorney may be able to get the case moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">