• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back pay of alimony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladyjan

What is the name of your state?Georgia
I have been divorced since 88'. I was awarded alimony which stated that it was until either he died, or I remarried. I received it until about 1997, at which time he stopped sending it. How can I get him to continue and or pay the back money he owes me?

LdiJ

ladyjan said:
What is the name of your state?Georgia
I have been divorced since 88'. I was awarded alimony which stated that it was until either he died, or I remarried. I received it until about 1997, at which time he stopped sending it. How can I get him to continue and or pay the back money he owes me?
You need to get an attorney.

dallas702

You stopped getting court ordered alimony in 1997....8 years ago...and you're just now thinking about doing something about it? Is this your way of saving up for a new car?

Geez, get an attorney and go after the dough. Maybe one will work on a contingency if your ex has any assets. Or go get a bubba to collect it the "hard" way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">